I know many of you have been waiting for this.
We are happy to let you know that Apple has approved our iPhone Apps. You can now use L-Lingo on your iPhone or iPod Touch and we offer all our languages: Arabic, Chinese Mandarin, Burmese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese.
You can find all our Apps in the Apple App Store or on iTunes.
The iPhone App offers you the first 65 lessons of L-Lingo with a training mode and picture and translation quizzes. So it is a great way to learn your favorite Asian language when on the go. Here are some screen shots of L-Lingo Learn Thai.
It does not contain a few features from the Desktop Version (audio mp3 files, slow speech option, printable flashcards and textbook) but with its quizzes and language content its a great way to support your language learning when away from the computer.
We currently do not yet offer a free trial version (developing and getting Apps approved takes some time). If you have any questions or technical problems with the App, please drop us a line under firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can fix and address any problems. We are very dedicated to constantly improving our products.
Please note: L-Lingo for iOS only runs on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th Generation. A special iPad Version is under development. So stay tuned!
If you have already purchased L-Lingo Arabic and would like to have an upgrade, please contact us under email@example.com stating your order confirmation number from your purchase.
We are happy to let you know that we have updated L-Lingo Arabic to a new Version with the following new features:
- Grammar notes explaining the structure and system of the Arabic language (available for the first 60 lessons)
- Arabic transcription. Besides the Arabic script you can now also see the transcription in western letters. You can easily switch between Arabic transcription and Arabic script in each quiz.
- Lots of small improvements on design and functionality
You can download the trial version from our website (available for Windows and Mac). Please note that these enhancements are currently only available in the Desktop Versions (Professional and Ultimate) but not yet in the online Version (Premium).
If you have purchased L-Lingo Arabic previously and want to receive an update, please send us an email under firstname.lastname@example.org and mention your date of purchase and your order confirmation number.
We haven’t been updating the blog for a few months but this did not mean that we went on Holidays!
We were working hard on our Android mobile Version of L-Lingo and we are very pleased to announce that the same is now available in the Android Market.
L-Lingo for Android offers you a similar approach to Language Learning like our existing Desktop version.
So you could easily use the Desktop Version at home and then repeat the same lessons with your smartphone when on the go. Please note that the Desktop Version has still a number of features that -due to the limitations of smart phones- are not available on the Android Phone (like printable textbooks, flashcards, slow speech options). Also due to size limitations only the first 65 lessons are available on the Android Version. However all essential quizzes and the trainings mode are of course available.
You can download test versions for all our languages from the Android market. So you can test drive the first 5 lessons for free and see for yourself if you like our approach to learning an Asian language.
You can see all versions from below link. Then just scroll down to the free trial versions:
By the way, we have also improved the design of the App. Please let us know how you like it!
since we would like to give you the best possible language learning experience, we are currently adding more functionality to our Newsletters:
- Free Lessons: After you sign up to our Newsletter, you will get a special password and you get complete access to the first 10 lessons and partial free access to many more.
- Tips & Tricks: We have learned a lot from our users about their best way is of using L-Lingo and we will use the newsletter to share these language learning tips and tricks with you.
- Special Information: We will keep you updated with our newsletter about new releases, special discounts and new products
Please let us know any topics of interest for you so that we can continue to shape L-Lingo in the way you like it.
We have been quite busy behind the scene to work on some exiting new features for you. They all have to do with Karen. So who is Karen?
Karen is your new virtual teacher.
Karen will assist you in learning your favourite Asian language in a variety of ways.
1) Karen will help you to setup L-Lingo
When you launch L-Lingo now, you will find a small wizard in which Karen explains you the various settings on how to adjust L-Lingo to perfectly match your learning needs.
You can now setup your favorite script (standard or phonetics), the audio speech and learning style. With learning style you can define if you prefer to learn more in a visual way (e.g. with pictures) or more with translations. This will then influence the content of the Guided Quiz.
2) Karen will explain you background information about the language
Many of you have requested that we include explanations and grammar notes into L-Lingo. We have now included grammar notes for learning Thai (currently only available in English). You will see them when you launch L-Lingo Thai (in English) and click on the Training button.
Please let us know how you like the grammar notes and if you would be interested to get these grammar notes also for other languages.
3) In Future Karen will help you even more
We already have some ideas on how Karen can further help you in learning your Asian language. So stay tuned -there is more to come.
Please note that these new features are currently only available in the Online Version of L-Lingo but will be also implemented in the L-Lingo Desktop Software soon.
Language learning has just gotten better and more convenient! At L-Lingo, we strive to offer our learners a great learning experience by creating solutions that will lead to success in learning. It is with delight that we announce a brand new release from our product line—introducing the all new L-Lingo Desktop Application.
What you will get with the new desktop language learning software is a completely re-designed sleek interface filled with many new features that will definitely leverage your learning. The best thing is, the L-Lingo Desktop Application doesn’t require an internet access to run. How convenient is that? What’s more is that it loads faster and has a fresh new look.
Here’s a sneak peek into the new L-Lingo Desktop Application:
Here is a short list of what our users like most in L-Lingo:
- Dynamic quiz flows to help you learn more effectively.
- Slideshow & Explorer Mode which gives you a great introduction into new words and sentences.
- Quiz statistics so you can learn the mistakes you made as well as your correct answers and to discover your success ratio.
- Slow audio button so you can slow down the speech of the native speakers for better comprehension.
- Downloadable mp3 files that you can save on your computer, mobile phone, or mp3 player. Now you can learn even on the go! This is definitely a great enhancement to your lessons.
- Textbook and Flashcards to print out right from the application gives you the opportunity to review the new word nd sentences when away from your computer.
- Joker button. When taking a quiz, you can click on this button to reduce the number of wrong answers among the choices. This button is located on the top right corner, and looks like a wand, a magic wand that is! The joker button just works wonders and does its magic by helping you narrow down your choices and select the best answer.
- Quiz instructions. We all love a little help, don’t we?
- List of mistakes. As mentioned above, your quizzes now come along with quiz statistics. At the end of the quiz, you will be presented with your wrong answers in tabular form with links so you can review them. If you click on an error on the list, it will automatically be copied to your clipboard should you wish to use them at a later time.
Free Trial Version available!
If you enjoyed our online language learning software, you might want to give the desktop application a try. We have free trial versions available on our L-Ceps website -so stop by and check out the new L-Lingo for Desktop!
With a new convenient way to learn, now you can spell success with L-LINGO! Happy learning!
The Burmese Challenge
Luke with his Goldenland Polyglot Blog is currently using L-Lingo for his Burmese Challenge.
He uses a two week holiday from University to learn as much Burmese as possible with our L-Lingo application. We are very excited about this since Luke has lots of experience in language learning and we hope that he can give us some good insights on how to improve our application further.
You definitely have to check out his Blog where he runs an online diary about his progress in Burmese.
Invitation to Bloggers
Since we learn so much from Bloggers like Luke on how we can further shape our application, we would like to invite all Bloggers out there to get in touch with us. We can provide you free ressources and are happy to answer all the questions about L-Lingo you might have.
Karen prepared a great video tutorial that explains in detail how L-Lingo works and how you can get the best out of it.
Please let us know how you like it and if you would like to have more video tutorials in future.
You can also read our PDF manual for additional details.
Your browser does not support iframes.
just a short information to all of you out there:
1) We have an English User Manual available and I highly recommend it for everyone who likes to get most out of L-Lingo.
2) Anyone who has an Android 2.2 phone (like the Nexus One) with Flash 10.1 can now try our new (beta) mobile version.